In today’s fashion industry, the blurry line separating between men’s and women’s fashion has been almost totally eradicated. Indeed, a lot of fashionable men and women have tried out fashion pieces that were once relegated only to one gender and explore it to express their fashion sensibilities. One common example of a fashion item or clothing that has a unisex appeal is the leather blazer.
The leather blazer is one fashion piece that incorporates a vintage and retro vibe into any outfit. But men and women alike are finding several new ways to incorporate this into their look, ranging from gothic, grunge to contemporary styles. Whichever style inspiration you take hints from, leather blazer for men and women is sure to make a style statement.
Types of Leather Blazers
Leather is made from animal skin and is known for their durability that ensures lasting wear and quality. However, there have been a lot of controversies involved with the production and manufacture of leather goods from ethical groups. If you are an advocate, then you can switch to faux leather jackets instead because they offer the same texture and look as genuine leather.
When shopping for blazers, you can take the following into consideration:
- Color – Most leather jackets or blazers come in the traditional earth or dark brown tones. However, there are more options available for men and women’s leather blazer as of late, such that you can pick black or light brown blazers, too. Newer leather jackets also incorporate various patterns and prints into its design.
- Cut – Like the color, the decision on choosing women’s and mens leather blazer depend on personal preference. Blazer cuts are designed to offer a unisex fit and appeal.
- Fastening Features – In earlier times, blazers were designed primarily for function – to keep you warm and comfortable. Modern blazers, however, can have a frontal fasten or none at all.
Different Ways to Wear
If you are looking for ideas on how to sport this fashion item, you can try out any of these (this applies to men and women alike):
- One of the most classic ways to wear a blazer made from leather is with a pair of jeans. Opt for a white tee or any top that is lighter in color than the blazer. Then, pair it with your choice of shoes preferably made of leather too for a look that is a cross between formal and casual.
- A fun way to wear blazer is to incorporate leather accessories into your outfit. This is one way to creative an impressively striking fashion statement. Men can opt for a slim black tie while women can go with bold necklaces or sunglasses to make your look go from rugged to sophisticated.
- For women, adding womens leather blazer is a nice way to spruce up your traditional corporate wear. For men, adding a leather jacket is also bound to create a sharper look.
For the “fashion forward” individual, a leather blazer offers endless opportunities to recreate trends or make it your own. Regardless of which style inspiration you use, it is guaranteed that blazers are going to be a classic piece in the fashion industry that will be seen on the runway or on the streets in years to come.